My Personal Facebook, deviantART and my YouTube

Don't be a stranger. [=

Friday, August 27, 2010

Text Message Relationships.

Is it love if it's said over text message? Sure, the idea is thrown out there. But without the voice or emotions to back it up, is it truly as good as hearing it for yourself? That's the debate.

"I love you. <3" just isn't as good as "I am so in love with you" being said over the phone. I guess it's just a personal opinion, but I absolutely adore silence over the phone. Just knowing that the other person is on the other end of the line gives me a sense of comfort and security. If the person you love were to die this very moment, would you be satisfied with their last text message that probably reads, "What are you doing?"? Or would you wish you would have been able to hear their voice before they had died? A simple "I love you :)" doesn't mean anything unless the other person feels it. Sure, you can send them that hundreds of times a day, but without your voice telling them, how are they supposed to understand the message? It's the tone of your voice that really makes that "I love you" worthwhile.

You can feel love with all of your heart and try to convey it via text message, but the love doesn't send along with the text. Just keep that in mind, all of you text messagers.








By the way, I would never trade that conversation I just had with you for the world. 12:50 AM, August 27, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment